Ideas for Volunteers
Here are some ways you can get involved.
- Register to vote. Your vote matters! Then go vote in every election. Contact the Jacomo GOP Headquarters for more information – 816-875-9690.
- Educate yourself about what’s really going on, so you will know how to vote. Don’t use the excuse, “I’m just not political.” This is NOT about politics, it’s about removing corrupt people from office and putting ethical, honest people in. We have a country, a county, and a town to save from corruption. We must learn that it makes a big difference how we vote.
- Stop listening to and watching the big corporate media.(CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, Kansas City Star) They blatantly lie to their viewers, and have been caught many times. Some of their reporters have been fired for their lies. Tucker Carlson recently said he doesn’t watch any of the main media because he said he doesn’t want any of that junk in his head.
- Find alternative sources of news that you can trust.
- Go to the Calendar at --https://jacomonews.org/calendar.html — This will give you lots of local meetings that you might want to get involved in.
- Join a local Republican Club (see calendar). This is a great starting point to get involved and learn what needs to be done.
- Learn about candidates running for city office or school board in your municipality and help the conservative Republicans get elected. One EASY way is to give them permission to put a sign in your yard or at your business. You can also help by attending a candidate forum or donate to help them buy flyers and signs, or even host an event in your home, or business, or a restaurant.
- Donate to a candidate or a PAC supporting conservative candidates or to the Jackson County Republican Committee at jacomo.gop -- Democrats have an endless supply of money (big corporations, big tech, Hollywood, media), and they use it to defame conservatives. Local Republican candidates desperately need money to get their message out to the people. Even a little will help. At this time, you probably should only donate to a candidate or to a source you can trust—not the RNC (Republican National Committee), nor the Senate Campaign Committee (NRSC), nor some of the big PACs (political action committees).
- Run for an office (school board, city council) or support someone who is running.
- Attend events at the GOP Headquarters — 1140 Hwy 40, Blue Springs, MO, 64015 (across from Blue Springs Bowl) — 816-875-9690 — There are regular meetings, classes, and movies/ documentaries.
- In the Summer and Fall the Jackson County Republican Party has a booth at several different local festivals around the county. We need people to volunteer to help. Check with HQ or calendar for more information.
- Volunteer to be an election worker or poll watcher. To learn more about Election Worker duties call the Jackson County Election Board office at 816-325-4600 to inquire.
- Hand out information (voter guides) at a polling place. We need someone at every polling place.
- Register other people to vote. Ask your friends, family, and neighbors if they are registered to vote. You would be surprised how many good people are NOT registered to vote.
- Send people to jacomo.gop to sign up for emails from the Jackson County Republican Party.
- We are trying to locate ALL Republican voters in Jackson County, so we can mobilize them on election days. We need volunteers to be Precinct Captains, Neighborhood Organizers, or Block Leaders to help us contact people. This is a big job and we need lots of help! Call the GOP Headquarters at 816-875-9690 for more information.
- Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors. Many do not know what’s really going on. As you educate yourself by reading and watching honest media, you will learn what to tell them.
- Keep up on what’s happening in Jackson County by reading our monthly newsletter at jacomonews.org
- Write a short article for our monthly newsletter - jacomonews.org - on something you know about in your city government.
If we all work together, we can change the leadership in our towns and our county
and make them responsive to us, the voters.
Get Involved! – Run for Office
There are hundreds of offices in Jackson County from City Councils to School Boards, and also the Missouri State House and Senate.
If you are interested in running for election, we want to support you. Call our Headquarters for information 816-875-9690.